Among twelve RUN collections from 1995 to 2001, Susan Cianciolo previously showed a home collection as RUN 11 in autumn 2000. Yukata inspired kimonos and pillows, big cushions and quilt fabrics, items for living shown during the New York and Paris collections.
Kiva Motnyk, who used to assist Susan at the time, is the founder of Thompson Street Studio, together they reignite the RUN HOME collection. Thompson Street Studio designs and crafts objects and interiors with a focus on experimental textiles. It explore connections between art, industry and nature. Kiva says: “I met Susan through mutual frinends in the late 90s and worked with her until 2002 when she closed the RUN collection. I focused on developing textile design, hand painting, silkscreening and weaving for RUN home and apparel. Working with Susan was a wonderful experience for me and her work was a magical influence on my career. We became close friends and continued to collaborate on projects together. These collaborations made us push our ideas further. We wanted to focus on a collection together and the timing was right to start it last year. I established the textile/home studio Thompson Street Studio and things fell into place quickly. We also wanted to work with other artists to create a community of people who have similar interests. At Thompson Street Studio we have been focusing on weaving, silkscreening and knitting for this particular collection. I enjoy creating fabric by hand. Often Susan and I will pass a piece back and forth to work on.”
In Susan Cianciolo's own words: “For a long time, I have always used recycled fabrics for making clothes. My policy is that already existing things are beautiful. I will have the same policy for my home collection. The collection includes kimonos, quilts, cushions, tapestries and furniture and more. There is a saying, ’the home is where the heart is.’ I finally understand what it means. Recently my home is my studio as I am looking after my child. It means living, art, meeting with people, gatherings, eating, get all together. That gives me the inspirations for living, balancing and decorative art. It leads to that now I am introducing the RUN collection again.”
Softcover, 32 Pages, 19.5 x 25.5 cm, Color Offset, First Edition, 2014
In Collaboration with Kiva Motnyk, Photography by Wallace Lester
We really appreciate you shopping with us. Below are our general policies. We do our best to make our customers happy, so if you have a concern please feel free to contact us :)
- We ship orders out Mon-Fri, often same day if possible—but please allow 1-5 business days for processing. Most packages are sent via US Postal Service with delivery confirmation.
Please make sure your shipping address and contact info are correctly entered at checkout. Unless you specify to us that you want to pay to fully insure your package, we are not liable for loss or damage. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
US (Domestic) shipping is calculated by order total. Standard shipping usually takes 2-9 business days, depending on destination. Priority and Express options are available at checkout for additional fees.
|$150 and up
Customs fees may apply depending on tariff rules in your country. Your country's customs office may in rare cases delay the arrival of your package beyond our control. The customer is responsible for any fees or taxes added by their country's customs office.
- International shipments are sent via US Postal Service and rates are calculated by total order weight in order to best approximate actual charges.
First Class International (transit time varies), limited tracking and no insurance
Priority International (6-10 business days from shipping date), tracking and limited insurance
Express International (3-5 days business days from shipping date), tracking and full insurance
- Please keep in mind we are not liable for loss or damage in the mail if you select an option without insurance and tracking. We recommend insuring and tracking whenever possible.
- If you don't see your country on the shipping options list or have any other special requests, just contact us and we'll do our best to help :)
Local Customers (Los Angeles)
- For those who prefer not to pick up their orders in person from our Chinatown office, we can sometimes accommodate your requests—just send us an email to check availability. Once you have confirmed pickup arrangements then you can enter code LOCALPICKUP at checkout to waive shipping charges.
Because of the tiny nature of our operation, we apologize for our limited return policy.
- No returns on books, music, artwork and objects, accessories, and general merchandise, aside from defective items. Unworn clothing and shoes bought online may be exchanged or returned within 7 days of receipt, unless otherwise specified.
- Returns are only accepted if you notify us within 7 days of receipt of the item and return it to us within 14 days of the order ship date. Goods must be in perfect unworn/unused condition with all original packaging intact. The customer is responsible for return shipping costs. If store credit is issued, it is valid for one year from the issue date.
- We also cannot accept returns on sale items. Some sale items are the last copy and may have experienced some wear and tear. Discounts take into account for any damage but if you have any questions about the condition of a particular item, please email us.
Thank you in advance for understanding!
- All customer information collected by us through our online shop will only be used for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your orders, and customer service. If you choose to sign up for our mailing list, we will only use that information to send you occasional announcements related to Ooga Booga.
- We will never share or sell your information to any third parties or use it for any outside marketing purposes.
- Should you ever wish to unsubscribe or opt out of our mailing list, simply fill out the form on our website to unsubscribe, or send us an email to be removed.
Please feel free to ask us any questions about a product or the ordering process!