Vestoj is a forum where academia, the museum world, and the fashion industry can work together and with active communication. They write about the cultural phenomenon that is fashion in a manner that opens up for dialogue between theory and practice in order to raise awareness for fashion as a cultural phenomena and as a field of research that cultivates an even greater understanding of the discipline. Vestoj exists outside of seasonally-based trends and news-focused articles. Instead, they aim to encourage and champion the critical and independent voice within fashion as well as absolute creative freedom. Vestoj has no advertising and is published annually focusing solely on sartorial matters, bringing together academia and industry in a bid to combine academic theory, critical thinking and a bit of good old-fashioned glamor.
Issue #7: On Masculinity features:
- Texts by Jo Barraclough Paoletti, Victor Rios, Patrick Lopez-Aguado, Johannes Lenhard, Sean Trainor, Annebella Pollen, Christina Moon, Shaun Cole, Thomas Page McBee, Claire Marie Healy, S.G Goodrich, Christopher Breward, Vince Aletti, and Alice Hines.
- A series of interviews by Anja Aronowsky Cronberg.
- Fiction by Mark Twain, Sloan Wilson, and Nate DiMeo.
- Visuals by Jason Fulford, JeongMee Yoon, Camilo José Vergara, Titus Simoens, Karen Knorr, Wolfgang Tillmans, Scheltens & Abbenes, Bob Mizer, and Pawel Jaszczuk
Issue #4: On Fashion and Power features:
- Texts by Shaun Cole, Professor Peter McNeil, Dr. Djurdja Bartlett, Dr. Jane Tynan, Dr. Anna Akbari, Charles Colman, Dr. Ane Lynge-Jorlén, Professor Simona Segre Reinach, Jean Kilbourne, and Laura Gardner
- Interviews by Anja Aronowsky Cronberg, Dr. Lucy Collins, Kristopher Arden-Houser, Marco Pecorari, Dr. Agnes Rocamora, and Dr. Maria Mackinney-Valentin
- Images by Chris Rubino, Amelie Hegardt, Tzenko Stoyanov, Hank Willis Thomas, Stephen Crowe, Mattieu Lavancy, Danielle Levitt, and Dilan Walpola
- Design by Erik Hartin