Abe Vigoda are bright and shining teenage calypso punk. Shedding their no wave dissonance for tropical melody, has put them in opportune position to blast transcendent pop repetition. These kids are fucked, in the way that they can make a good record and play really good shows above all odds, like living in Chino, CA, a suburb of Los Angeles, where nothing grows. Any given month finds them playing several all-ages shows in all corners of So Cal and for the past year they've been a staple of the all-ages, volunteer run venue, The Smell (Los Angeles, CA). Playing with friends and local favorites Mika Miko, The Mae Shi, Barr, No Age, and opening for bands like, Get Hustle, XBXRX, Shoplifting, Curtains, Chromatics and Old Time Relijun they have been labeled as one of 'L.A's best under 21 bands '( LA RECORD). In the past year they have released a debut 12' LP on both Post Present Medium and Not Not Fun Records as well as a 7' EP on Silencio Records and a split 7' with kindred spirits, Child Pornography on Oms-B. In the same span of time they have embarked on three West Coast tours, each one more and more positive, inspiring them to play to as many people as possible and to make better records. Their new record 'Kid City' (OlFactory Records) is all dirty neon and angular pop. The biggest Cruise party to the Bahamas with post punk violence. Tracks like ' All Night and Day' will make you wonder why they are not jamming in the middle of some ADD jungle. Sounding like a younger more abrasive d.i.y. reincarnation of the Talking Heads, with the fiery repetition of Konono No. 1, Kid City is hectic. Like all the scuzz and fake tropicalisms of Los Angeles shoved together - irrigated desert!
*COVID-19 Notice: Order processing is slower than usual at this time due to safety and logistical issues surrounding the pandemic. In addition, mail carriers have informed us that shipping times are not guaranteed, and in some cases have been significantly delayed, particularly with some international shipments. Unfortunately these delays are out of our control. Thank you in advance for your patience.
We really appreciate you shopping with us. Below are our general policies. We do our best to make our customers happy, so if you have a concern please feel free to contact us :)
- We ship orders out Mon-Fri, often same day if possible—but please allow 1-5 business days for processing. Most packages are sent via US Postal Service with delivery confirmation.
Please make sure your shipping address and contact info are correctly entered at checkout. Unless you specify to us that you want to pay to fully insure your package, we are not liable for loss or damage. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
US (Domestic) shipping is calculated by order total. Standard shipping usually takes 2-9 business days, depending on destination. Priority and Express options are available at checkout for additional fees.
|$150 and up
Customs fees may apply depending on tariff rules in your country. Your country's customs office may in rare cases delay the arrival of your package beyond our control. The customer is responsible for any fees or taxes added by their country's customs office.
- International shipments are sent via US Postal Service and rates are calculated by total order weight in order to best approximate actual charges.
First Class International (transit time varies), limited tracking and no insurance
Priority International (6-10 business days from shipping date), tracking and limited insurance
Express International (3-5 days business days from shipping date), tracking and full insurance
- Please keep in mind we are not liable for loss or damage in the mail if you select an option without insurance and tracking. We recommend insuring and tracking whenever possible.
- If you don't see your country on the shipping options list or have any other special requests, just contact us and we'll do our best to help :)
Local Customers (Los Angeles)
- For those who prefer not to pick up their orders in person from our Chinatown office, we can sometimes accommodate your requests—just send us an email to check availability. Once you have confirmed pickup arrangements then you can enter code LOCALPICKUP at checkout to waive shipping charges.
Because of the tiny nature of our operation, we apologize for our limited return policy.
- No returns on books, music, artwork and objects, accessories, and general merchandise, aside from defective items. Unworn clothing and shoes bought online may be exchanged or returned within 7 days of receipt, unless otherwise specified.
- Returns are only accepted if you notify us within 7 days of receipt of the item and return it to us within 14 days of the order ship date. Goods must be in perfect unworn/unused condition with all original packaging intact. The customer is responsible for outbound and return shipping costs, which are non-refundable. If store credit is issued, it is valid for one year from the issue date.
- We also cannot accept returns on sale items. Some sale items are the last copy and may have experienced some wear and tear. Discounts take into account for any damage but if you have any questions about the condition of a particular item, please email us.
Thank you in advance for understanding!
- All customer information collected by us through our online shop will only be used for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your orders, and customer service. If you choose to sign up for our mailing list, we will only use that information to send you occasional announcements related to Ooga Booga.
- We will never share or sell your information to any third parties or use it for any outside marketing purposes.
- Should you ever wish to unsubscribe or opt out of our mailing list, simply fill out the form on our website to unsubscribe, or send us an email to be removed.
Please feel free to ask us any questions about a product or the ordering process!