QUEER.ARCHIVE.WORK is an urgent act of publishing that’s radical, messy, and future-looking. It’s a signal sent out into muddy waters, the start of a speculative practice emerging from (and moving towards) the undercommons—a collective place for subversive artists and writers who reject normative narratives. THIS PUBLICATION IS A LOOSE ASSEMBLING OF QUEER METHODOLOGIES, WITH A PARTICULAR VIEW TOWARDS NETWORK CULTURE, FAILURE, AND REFUTATION. It’s an attempt to move far beyond the printed web. IT’S AN EXPERIMENT IN PUBLISHING AS PRACTICE AS RESISTANCE. Edited by Paul Soulellis in Pawtucket, RI.
Nothing in issue #1 is bound. No staples or glue. The nine parts of the publication use folding, nesting, and enveloping as techniques of association. Sheets may be pulled out and rearranged, encouraging new juxtapositions and relationships each time it’s read.
- American Artist—A nETwoRK ___of SLAVES~~~***
- Somnath Bhatt—..... a thick opening
- Jeffrey Cheung and Gabriel Ramirez (Unity Press)
- Demian DinéYazhi´—AN INFECTED SUNSET
- Jack Halberstam—Vertiginous Capital Or, The Master’s Toolkit
- shawné michaelain holloway—_.DEVICEPLAY(trust and touch, care and reflection, [a study of denial])
- Nora N. Khan—The Possibility of a Field
- nicole killian—A SCENE AT THE SEA BUS STOP SONG
- Be Oakley (GenderFail)
- Allison Parrish—The Wcnsske-Gonshanshcoma Reconstructions
- Porpentine Charity Heartscape—Living Fucking Creatures
- Nate Pyper—in this house we self-immolate
- Sal Randolph—Sappho’s Text
36-page print-on-demand broadsheet newspaper, 20-page zine, 12-page zine, 8-page zine, two double-sided posters, small print, fold-out sheet, title sheet, & URL title card, Library of the Printed Web, 2018.