Spacemen 3 have a limited edition (2000 copies) five track mini-album released by Space Age Recordings in cardboard sleeve wallet which features two previously-unreleased Spacemen 3 tracks, a radically different mix of the classic Spacemen 3 cover of the Red Krayola's 'Transparent Radiation' and appearing for the first time on CD, the ultra rare remix of 'I Love You' (originally only 50 promo white label vinyl copies were ever pressed). Rounding off this mini-album is a studio version of 'Ecstasy Symphony.' Track listing: 'These Blues, 'Transparent Radiation (violin mix),' 'Modulated Tones,' 'I Love You (remix),' 'Ecstasy Symphony.' Spacemen 3 consisted of the core duo of Jason Pierce (Spiritualized) and Somic Boom aka Peter Kember (Spectrum & E.A.R.) who formed the group in Rugby, Warwickshire, having met at art college. Other members of what would become a fluid line-up over the years included Pete Bain (Bassman, also of The Darkside), Natty Brooker, Sterling Roswell (Rosco), Will Carruthers, Jonny Mattock (Slipstream), and for the final few shows, Mark Refoy (also of Slipstream). From the outset, Spacemen 3 had a very defined set of aesthetic principles. They based almost their entire sound on their own concept of minimalism -- droning guitars, feedback, as few chords as possible, pounding drums -- with their motto 'Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to.' Their minimalism bled into their stage show as well. Sitting down to play their guitars and covered in the spinning colors of a cheap psychedelic light show, their stage 'act' was very anti-performance. Another striking aspect of Spacemen 3 was their willingness to cover and share their influences. Song titles, lyrics and interviews were peppered with references to bands and artists they believed shared their 'minimal is maximal' aesthetic. The Velvet Underground, the Rolling Stones, the Stooges, the MC5, early Captain Beefheart, free jazz musician Sun Ra, the Silver Apples, 1960s garage punk such as the 13th Floor Elevators, Red Krayola, the Electric Prunes, the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean and other surf bands, 1980s rockabilly groups the Cramps, the Gun Club, Tav Falco, blues and gospel acts like Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, the Staple Singers and John Lee Hooker, and the production techniques of Joe Meek, Brian Wilson and Delia Derbyshire were just some of the names mentioned by the band.
*COVID-19 Notice: We are located in Los Angeles which has a city-wide Safer At Home ordinance pausing non-essential business activities. We are monitoring the situation daily and fulfilling orders on a less-frequent basis only when it is safe to do so. Please bear with us as the situation is constantly changing, but for the time being we are trying to ship things out once a week, but there is always the possibility we will need to pause shipping completely until the ordinance is lifted. Mail carriers have also informed us that expedited shipping guarantees may not be met at this time. Thank you for understanding.
We really appreciate you shopping with us. Below are our general policies. We do our best to make our customers happy, so if you have a concern please feel free to contact us :)
- We ship orders out Mon-Fri, often same day if possible—but please allow 1-5 business days for processing. Most packages are sent via US Postal Service with delivery confirmation.
Please make sure your shipping address and contact info are correctly entered at checkout. Unless you specify to us that you want to pay to fully insure your package, we are not liable for loss or damage. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
US (Domestic) shipping is calculated by order total. Standard shipping usually takes 2-9 business days, depending on destination. Priority and Express options are available at checkout for additional fees.
|$150 and up
Customs fees may apply depending on tariff rules in your country. Your country's customs office may in rare cases delay the arrival of your package beyond our control. The customer is responsible for any fees or taxes added by their country's customs office.
- International shipments are sent via US Postal Service and rates are calculated by total order weight in order to best approximate actual charges.
First Class International (transit time varies), limited tracking and no insurance
Priority International (6-10 business days from shipping date), tracking and limited insurance
Express International (3-5 days business days from shipping date), tracking and full insurance
- Please keep in mind we are not liable for loss or damage in the mail if you select an option without insurance and tracking. We recommend insuring and tracking whenever possible.
- If you don't see your country on the shipping options list or have any other special requests, just contact us and we'll do our best to help :)
Local Customers (Los Angeles)
- For those who prefer not to pick up their orders in person from our Chinatown office, we can sometimes accommodate your requests—just send us an email to check availability. Once you have confirmed pickup arrangements then you can enter code LOCALPICKUP at checkout to waive shipping charges.
Because of the tiny nature of our operation, we apologize for our limited return policy.
- No returns on books, music, artwork and objects, accessories, and general merchandise, aside from defective items. Unworn clothing and shoes bought online may be exchanged or returned within 7 days of receipt, unless otherwise specified.
- Returns are only accepted if you notify us within 7 days of receipt of the item and return it to us within 14 days of the order ship date. Goods must be in perfect unworn/unused condition with all original packaging intact. The customer is responsible for outbound and return shipping costs, which are non-refundable. If store credit is issued, it is valid for one year from the issue date.
- We also cannot accept returns on sale items. Some sale items are the last copy and may have experienced some wear and tear. Discounts take into account for any damage but if you have any questions about the condition of a particular item, please email us.
Thank you in advance for understanding!
- All customer information collected by us through our online shop will only be used for the purposes of fulfilling and delivering your orders, and customer service. If you choose to sign up for our mailing list, we will only use that information to send you occasional announcements related to Ooga Booga.
- We will never share or sell your information to any third parties or use it for any outside marketing purposes.
- Should you ever wish to unsubscribe or opt out of our mailing list, simply fill out the form on our website to unsubscribe, or send us an email to be removed.
Please feel free to ask us any questions about a product or the ordering process!